A fire broke out in the children’s ward at Bhandara, Maharashtra, at 2 pm last night. 10 newborns died in the fire. The age of these children is being told from one day to 3 months. Children who had not yet seen the face of life properly lost their life in such tragedy.
“Ten children died in a fire that broke out at the Sick Newborn Care Unit (SNCU) of Bhandara District General Hospital at 2 am today. Seven children were rescued from the unit,” Pramod Khandate, Civil Surgeon, Bhandara, Maharashtra, was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
Ten children died in a fire that broke out at Sick Newborn Care Unit (SNCU) of Bhandara District General Hospital at 2 am today. Seven children were rescued from the unit: Pramod Khandate, Civil Surgeon, Bhandara, Maharashtra pic.twitter.com/bTokrNQ28t
— ANI (@ANI) January 9, 2021
According to the information, a total of 17 children were present in the ICU ward, out of which 10 could not be saved. When the nurse on duty opened the door and saw smoke all around the room, she immediately told the hospital officials. After which the fire brigade reached the spot and started the rescue operation with the help of people in the hospital. The cause of the fire has not been completely clear yet, but sources are telling that the fire occurred due to a short circuit.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed condolences knowing the tragic incident
PM Modi took to Twitter and said,” Heart-wrenching tragedy in Bhandara, Maharashtra, where we have lost precious young lives. My thoughts are with all the bereaved families. I hope the injured recover as early as possible.”